Welcometo the Chen-Sus Lab
Job opening in Dr. Chen's group
(1) Plastic recylcing
(2) Solar energy harvesting
(3) Nanostructure synthesis
(4) Biomass conversion
Candidates with interdisciplinary training at the chemistry and materials are encouraged to apply. Please contact Dr. Jinxing Chen directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A definition of sustainability science has been formulated as “an emerging field of research dealing with interactions between natural and social systems, and with how those interactions affect the challenge of sustainability: meeting the needs of the present and future generations while substantially reducing poverty and conserving the planet's life support systems”
Our research focuses on the design and synthesis of various nanoscale catalsts to achieve sustainability. By using state-of-the-art characterization tools, we are trying to understand the formation mechanism and physiochemical properties of nanostructures, from which we can design and fabricate novel functional materials for various demanding applications. Specifically, our research topics include:
# Precise synthesis of nanostructures for solar energy harvesting;
# Chemical recycling of plastics through thermal-, photothermal-, photo-catalysis;
# Solar-driven water evaporation for sustainable water withdrawal.
Recent representative publications:
(8) Jinxing Chen*, et al, Solar Thermal Catalysis for Sustainable and Efficient Polyester Upcycling, Matter, 2022, 5, doi: 10.1016/j.matt.2022.02.002
(7) Jinxing Chen*, et al, Strain-Modulated Seeded Growth of Highly Branched Black Au Superparticles for Efficient Photothermal Conversion, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2021, 143, 20513–20523.
(6) Jinxing Chen, et al, Anisotropic Seeded Growth of Ag Nanoplates Confined in Shape-Deformable Spaces, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, 60, 4117-4124.
(5) Jinxing Chen, et al, Manipulation of Interfacial Diffusion for Controlling Nanoscale Transformation, Acc. Chem. Res. 2021, 54, 1168-1177. (Invited review, Cover Art, special issue of Transformative Inorganic Nanocrystals)
(4) Jinxing Chen, et al. Integrated Evaporator for Efficient Solar-Driven Interfacial Steam Generation, Nano Lett. 2020, 20, 6051-6058.
(3) Jinxing Chen, et al. Janus Evaporators with Self-Recovering Hydrophobicity for Salt-Rejecting Interfacial Solar Desalination, ACS Nano 2020, 14, 17419–17427.
(2) Jinxing Chen, et al. Space-confined seeded growth of black silver nanostructures for solar steam generation, Nano Lett. 2019, 19, 400-407.
(1) Jinxing Chen, et al, Space-Confined Seeded Growth of Cu Nanorods with Strong Surface Plasmon Resonance for Photothermal Actuation, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2019, 58, 9275-9281.